Sleep Disordered Breathing and Sleep-related Movement Disorders
See course dates on main page.
Individual modules from the Oxford Online Programme in Sleep Medicine are available as standalone short courses to facilitate professional practice. In this short continuing professional development (CPD) course, you will review the nosological classification, diagnostic criteria, pathophysiology and treatment of sleep-related breathing disorders and sleep-related movement disorders.
It is expected that after completion of this module students will be able:
- To understand nosological classifications and definitions of SDB
- To describe the diagnostic criteria, prevalence, morbidity and comorbidities of OSA and CSA
- To describe the pathophysiology of OSA and CSA
- To gain knowledge of, and appraise the utility of, treatment options for SDB
- To understand nosological classifications and definitions of sleep-related movement disorders
- To describe the diagnostic criteria, prevalence, morbidity and comorbidities of RLS and PLMs
- To describe the pathophysiology of RLS and PLMs