The SCNi has six key strategic aims:
- Understand the mechanisms that generate and regulate sleep and circadian physiology & behaviour.
- Define the mechanisms and nature of sleep and circadian rhythm disruption across healthy aging and disease.
- Define how societal demands give rise to sleep and circadian rhythm disruption.
- Apply this knowledge for the development of evidence-based and condition specific therapeutics/interventions.
- Develop training resources and sleep education for healthcare practitioners and other key stakeholders.
- Transfer knowledge to all sectors – scientists, healthcare professionals, patients and caregivers.
Take a look at our research pages to see how we are working towards these aims.