Introduction to Sleep Medicine and Methodological Approaches
See course dates on main page.
Individual modules from the Oxford Online Programme in Sleep Medicine are available as standalone short courses to facilitate professional practice. In this short continuing professional development (CPD) course, you will gain an understanding of sleep medicine as a developing interdisciplinary specialty area, and learn how to adapt and further develop your generic clinical assessment skills.
It is expected that after completion of this module students will be able:
- To gain an understanding of sleep medicine as a developing, interdisciplinary specialty area
- To adapt and further develop your generic clinical assessment skills for working in the field of sleep medicine
- To develop your knowledge of sleep diagnostic systems, criteria and how to apply them
- To develop your knowledge and skills relating to subjective and objective sleep appraisal, including their selection, appropriate uses, scoring and interpretation
- To understand measurement constructs such as validity, reliability, sensitivity and specificity as applied to the practical evaluation of patients with sleep disorders