Postdoctoral Research Scientist
I am working as a Postdoctoral Research Assistant in the Sleep and Circadian Neuroscience Institute (SCNi) under both Dr. Sridhar Vasudevan and Prof. Russell Foster.
My principal research interests include:
- Carrying out research on circadian rhythms, sleep, and neuropsychiatric disease.
- Delineating the molecular mechanisms that underlie these disruptions in animal and in vitro models.
- Identifying further pharmacological modulators and pathways for stabilisation of sleep and circadian rhythms as a therapeutic strategy.
Additional collaborative projects include:
- Working under Dr. Monique Andersson and the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust, along with the University of Oxford to develop methods of COVID-19 diagnostic testing (10.1093/clinchem/hvab035).
- Collaborating with the Wei Huang (IBME) to develop LAMP technology rapid COVID-19 test kits (in press).
- Working with Prof. Jane McKeating (NDM) to understand the associations between circadian rhythms and SARS-CoV-2 infections to improve therapeutic targeting of COVID-19 (in press).
Clinical Validation of Optimised RT-LAMP for the Diagnosis of SARS-CoV2 infection
HUANG WEI., (2021), Scientific Reports
Patient fibroblast circadian rhythms predict lithium sensitivity in bipolar disorder.
Sanghani HR. et al, (2020), Mol Psychiatry
Circadian Disruptions in the Myshkin Mouse Model of Mania Are Independent of Deficits in Suprachiasmatic Molecular Clock Function.
Timothy JWS. et al, (2018), Biol Psychiatry, 84, 827 - 837